1 website hosted
5 websites hosted
Unlimited websites hosted
What Does Shared Hosting Solutions Represent?
A shared hosting service entails stashing and/or sharing certain web content on a server run by a shared hosting vendor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a web page, email aliases, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by various vendors, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely false explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting system would distribute the workload between autonomous groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various shared hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific firms provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a vast amount of pictures with buddies or partners since the service is commonly free. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email aliases. Some corporations provide shared hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you would like to keep a mail address with your domain but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you require. You can open mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domain name. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your shared hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many video clips as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At E2MP Hosting you can have a glance at shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting plans that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limits depending on the type of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free web hosting account, a paid shared web hosting package, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content only.